แนะนำสินค้ารุ่นใหม่ๆ ค่ะ คลิ๊กที่รูปรุ่นที่ท่านสนใจ เพื่อดูรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้เลยค่ะ

will be updating soon.....

Father's Day & My ESL Part II

>> Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Geezz...The fifth of December is Father's Day in Thailand and I forgot!! Bad Joly!! Well, at least it's not too late I'll just add this in this topic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

To My Beloved Dad
You mean so very much to me,
And I want you to know
That you are always in my heart,
No matter where I go.

You're always giving, always there
To help in any way;
The loving things you've done for me,
I never could repay.

I can't imagine what I'd do
Without the love you give.
I'll treasure your sweet heart of gold
As long as I shall live.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now I am feeling better and can get in the original topic.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Goal…
To speak fluently and accurately has always been my goal of learning English. Right now, I feel like I am an amateur non-native English speaker and I desperately want to improve it to the next level. I set myself a time frame to achieve a certain level of proficiency, but then I get discouraged by apparent lack of progress. It is hard to stay motivate when at times I seem to be standing still or even going backwards. Fluency means being able to communicate my ideas without having to stop and think about what I am saying. And by being accurate which means to speak without errors of grammar and vocabulary. As far as English is concerned, I am miles away from both of those (I think). Many times I speak broken English.. oh well...only time can help, I guess. Fluency and accuracy (sigh!) I will worry about those later.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10 comments:

Anonymous 9:16 AM  

Your English is very good in both writing and speaking, Jo. With only three years of living in the US,I can see a big difference from you. I still remember three years ago when you told me “I have black cat” instead of “I have a black cat”. Again, there is no doubt in my mind that your English’s improved dramatically. Good job!

Cheers!
Nuch

P.S. I have a difficult time trying to post my comment!

Anonymous 9:25 AM  

จริงๆ แหละโพสค่อนข้างยากนะโจ เราพิมพ์ใหม่ตั้งสองครั้งเลยนะเนีย ครั้งแรกพอกดโพสหายเฉยเลย เกิดอะไรขึ้นพอใส่ชื่อไปมันไม่ให้โพสอ่ะ พูดถึงเรื่องภาษานะเราคนหนึ่งนะพยายามขมีขมันได้ตอนแรกผ่านได้สองสามวันอ้าวไฟลด เข้าอีรอบเดิม ฝึกไปแล้วไม่ได้ใช้แล้วมันชอบลืมอ่ะ

Anonymous 9:28 AM  

อ้าวกลายเป็น Anonymous ไปซะงั้น ข้างบนหน่ะเราเองนะ น้อยจ๊ะ

fishbud 9:42 AM  

K.Joly, I think you're being way too hard on yourself. I think you certainly had came a long way in just a short amount of time. Achieving absolute perfection in a language is practically impossible when you're a non-native speaker...heck, I don't think it's remotely possible even for a native speaker! Language study is a journey of lifetime learning rather than something to be achieved to a level of excellence within a short few year. After all, I am a firm believer that language itself is an evolving entity. I mean...just look at the way we speak or write English today...it is different from how it was back in early 1900s, 1800s, or way back in Shakespeare time, isn't it? Reading some of the classic English literature now, we probably think that some of those writings were grammatically wrong, when in fact, it is just a different style of English. I think that certain level of language proficiency can be achieved by constantly studying it and using it. By practicing reading, writing, listening, and speaking as much as we can, I think we all should be able to understand English better and use it better in our daily routines. So keep up the good work you're doing, and don't get discourage by your lack of progress na ka, because you definitely are progressing pretty fast compared to a lot of other people.

PS - Broken English can be fashionable too!...just look at Ebonic English that blacks tend to use...now some white folks even try to adopt that to sound street-cool too! Not that I think it's a great thing for the future of English language :p

GetMyPurse 2:46 PM  

"P.S. I have a difficult time trying to post my comment!"

"จริงๆ แหละโพสค่อนข้างยากนะโจ"
I'm so sorry for the inconvenience naja sao sao. I don't want to revert to my classic template though...ei ei..sorry again and thanks for your patience. Will send you two nice Chistmas gifts na.joob! joob!

K Rose tee rak, ha ha..you sound exactly like Ken ka. He always says "Honey don't be so hard on yourself, just take it easy and you'll be just fine". And Yes, I totally agree with you in terms of English language changes over time. About a week or so ago, I watched two movies "The Wizard Of Oz" and "Gone with the wind" on DVD's. I can see that years and years ago, English's spoken in a very distinctive way and accent. It's interesting indeed!

Anonymous 2:52 PM  

And he's right! Take it easy and you'll be just fine!! You hear me?

Happy Father's Day!

Big brother!

Noi 8:55 PM  

เจ๊นิดๆ เค้าคุยเรื่องฝึกภา๋ษากันไม่ใช่เหรอ เอ ใหงกลายเป็นให้ไปพายเรือจ้ำบึัดซะได้เนี่ย พายเรือกะฝึกภาษาแหมเข้ากันจังเลยนะเจ๊ ฮ่า ฮ่า( เข้ามาแซว ) 555

GetMyPurse 11:07 AM  

อ่ะนะ ปล่อยเจ๊แกไปเถอะ น้อยเ๊อ๊ย ฮ่า ฮ่า

JC together 5:07 PM  

ohh...Let talked about Fathers Day a bit kha....you know !! my dad called me on fathers day...555 no I not forgot but my dad he cant wait to heared his daughter to say ...happy fathers day ...

Aom 3:13 PM  

คุณโจ, take it easy ka. I think your English writing is supurb, even better than many native speakers. And I'm sure your speaking is really good, too. It's hard to judge one's language proficiency in terms of levels na ka. But hey, if you can write a poem in English, that's a very high language skill in any way ka.

About This Blog

Originally I created this blog just for fun, since every one of my friends has their own blog. I didn’t want to be left behind so I decided to create one. At first I didn’t know how to blog, and I was a very private person (I still am) so writing about myself was out of the question. But when I went to my friend’s blog, reading about their life on a daily basis, I found it very interesting and engaging. I love reading their stories! So I decided to share just a little bit of mine.

Other than my personal life, this blog is also about my online business. I Blog about my experiences, how I got started and about the products I sell. I could have kept my personal and my business blogs separate, but since www.GetMyPurse.com is a family owned business, it has become a part of my life. I decided to put them together. Therefore, this blog is about my personal life and my online business. And, here I am, a happy Blogger!!


Blog Archive

Top 20 Best Seller Purses

Need improve
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP